Nightly thoughts(victim blame and assault)

JJ

As I lay in bed unable to sleep a bunch of thoughts go through my head I start thinking will this world be a better place for my daughter wait correction will People in this world be better decent for my daughter, Remembering a talk I had with some family,friends and some acquaintances told them some incidents I had in college where I was sexually assaulted first when I was walking back to my dorm from a campus store/dinner it was about a 5 minute walk and a group of guys start walking right behind me saying some inappropriate words and as I start walking faster so do they, I was able to get in just in time with my key,the sad thing the people I told what happened their response was what were you wearing? What were you doing out so late? And that right there it self was wrong why not ask did you report it or what a bunch of sickos and sadly when I told them yet again another story this time I was at a frat/sorority party I was touched inappropriately in my butt grabbed and I hated it and I just left and I told the people I was with and all they just said was that’s how these things are, and when I told people later of the event they said yet again what were you wearing,were you drinking? But it blows my mind why would that even matter, it terrifies me having 2 daughters that one day they will grow up and for some reason I won’t be there and something might happen and if it doesn’t somebody will blame them instead of the attackers,So that what was going through my mind at 12am and I pray and hope that by the time they grow up there will be a change!