Could be days, could be weeks 🙃

Claire • Air Force Wife ❤️ 2/21/19 💜 8/20/20 💛 Loss 4/22/23 👼 Due 4/10/24 🤰🏻

I’m about 35.5 weeks pregnant with our first baby and I have now reached the point in pregnancy where they tell you it could really be any time now before the baby makes their appearance. My OB says at this point he wouldn’t stop labor if she decides she’s ready. I definitely want our baby girl to stay in there AT LEAST a couple more weeks, but my family is known for having babies 3-5 weeks early, so we are prepared just in case.

Went to the doctor yesterday. I’ve had horrible back pain, pelvic pressure, mild cramping, and an increase in discharge. My cervix is 50% effaced but has not started to dilate yet. I was shocked to find out that I’m even effaced that much because I figured that wouldn’t start happening until later.

So of course I went home and consulted Google, lol. It’s so odd to read how some people have been effaced 50% around 35 weeks and have their babies a week later, and some end up going past due. Crazy how different every pregnancy is.

For now, I’m just hoping my horrible lower back pain lets up a little bit. I’m getting used to the increase in pelvic pressure, but the back pain is excruciating.