Breaking up but still in love need advice

I’m looking for some advice here...

I love my boyfriend dearly, we’ve been together for over a year, but I think we need to break up...

I find myself purposefully picking fights with him, for absolutely no reason.

We have very different opinions on topics, and I have tried so hard to accept his opinions but deep down I know I’m not okay with them.

I know i should break up with him, but I really do love him and I just can’t seem to do it.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, and have any advice or words of encouragement.

I could really use them, because I literally cry thinking about how to even end things, even though I know it’s what needs to be done 😥

Part of the reason I haven’t yet is because my feelings keep going back and forth! Sometimes I think yes We definitely need to break up, and other times I think, no everything is great, we’re having such a good time together.

And another part of the reason I feel bad ending things is because he is older than me, he’s 28, and I feel like I wasted a year of his time when he could age been with the right person, and now I’m wasting more of his time 😓 it’s this conflicted feeling of, he’s at an age where he wants to get married and I feel like maybe I should see if things work (even though I know I shouldn’t) and I need to end things now so he can move on and find the right person. I don’t really know how to explain this, but it’s something that is really bothering me.