Boyfriend said he wanted our baby but then left.

Christina

Hi guys..this is kind of hard for me to talk about but I don’t really know how to feel or handle this. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago, my boyfriend was on board at first but then slowly started to change. He said that he wouldn’t go to any appointments w me because he didn’t really care as long as the baby was in his arms, then he started going out drinking and we started fighting more. He told me that my pregnancy symptoms were “all in my head” and that I was weak for feeling them. Eventually he told me that I was crazy and that my hormones were too hard to deal w and he hasn’t talked to me since. He won’t answer any of my calls or text messages, I haven’t gone to his house because I’ve been working a lot but something tells me it’s useless to even try. I know I’m better off without him, but it just makes me really sad because he caused me a lot of stressed but never put in any effort to try and understand where I was coming from. It also feels like a slap in the face that he said he was on board and that he’d do his best to empathize and then showed the complete opposite and just ghosted me. On the other hand I feel a sense of relief from the weight of the stress that’s been lifted off of me since he stopped talking to me but I feel so conflicted right now. I should just let it go and let him be, but it’s kind of hard. I want closure but I don’t know if I’ll get it. If he does come back and he wants to be an active father of course I’ll respect that, I would never keep him from his child unless he was causing harm but idk what to do or feel at this point.