My beautiful Prince

Lana • My beautiful Family is complete ; My Prince was born 01/23/19💙Princess Born 09/20/2021💕

Birthing story

At exactly 38 weeks January 22nd 6am I went in to be induced due to hypertension original due date February 5th. I got assigned my room and the nurses checked me

and I was 1cm dilated and 30% effaced. Since this is my first child birth (pregnancy)My doctor gave me the most natural feeling birth by slowly bringing on my contractions using a pill called "cytotec" which they place inside your vagina near your cervix, which is used to soften my cervix. With that method i labored all day and only progressed to 2cm dilated and 70% effaced , at this point I'm praying I don't have to have a csection and ill be able give birth vaginally. The next day (jan23rd)my doctor decided to insert balloon catheters to act as the babies head to add pressure to my cervix to dilate me to 4 or 5 and then get me started on the pitocin which at this point I want rest and the pain was starting to increase so I opted for the Epidural(man that's one hell of a drug). Everthing became really slow. Nurses stopped checking on me as often as they were before, they didn't come check the balloons and I was completely in the dark on my progress. Sleeping through many intensed contractions that felt like little cramp pains on the last hour I woke up to my sons heart rate dropping which scared me so I tried to turn to hopefully take pressure off whatever was causing his heart rate to drop(again, no nurses are running to my room) so I told my mom to get someone quick and firgure out what's going on. Well when the nurse came she checked me and I was fully dilated and 100%, it's time to get baby out because he isn't happy, his head was fully down which is why his heart rate was dropping (I'm glad I was awake when this happened,who knows what could of happened) they broke my water & its Game time now! 20 mins ,10 pushes he was out with a 2nd degree tear done to me . I have a healthybaby boy and was discharged from the hospital after two day stay ,no time spent in Nicu.