At home pregnancy test questions

Kristin • 👧👼👧👼👼👼👼

My situation is slightly complicated, so bear with me while I provide background info.

I had an early miscarriage on December 18th, and I'm quite positive that I ovulated around January 4th. We did the BD and I'm trying to be optimistic. I waited to test until I knew I would be out with friends where alcohol would be present. I tested Jan 26 and got a very fair second line, but it was there. At that point I was 3 weeks past ovulation. I tested again today (Jan 30) and the line was much more obvious. I was fairly shocked, as I really thought that the lines would be very clear and obvious. I called my OB/GYN today and I'm going to get blood work later today. I asked about phases after a miscarriage, and the nurse told me I could just be very early on like maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I'm trying not to overanalyze things, but I am just concerned that something could be off.

That was my first miscarriage, but I did go through a medical termination a few years ago due to some crappy recessive genes that my hubby and I learned we carry. First and third pregnancies worked out well. 2nd and 4th not so much. Also, I am 37, so I'm "advanced maternal age".

I'm not really sure how to verbalize what my question is. Has anybody tested positive 3 weeks after ovulation, and the results seemed like you are not as far along as you thought you would be?