Weight anxiety 🤷🏻‍♀️ how do I look?

Kat

Ok so I’ve been feeling self conscious about my weight lately.

Is this just my normal 25-year-old body and should I just accept it? Does my body look overweight? Is this “unhealthy”?

Honestly I’m so conflicted getting all this messaging about body positivity but then this messaging you hear a lot that gaining weight is bad for your health and the expectations to have a perfect body..

I’m 5’2 and I weigh 160ish. This is the heaviest I’ve ever been. Technically this is overweight for my height but I have a lot of muscle from weight training. Ive always had a big ass and I’m not complaining about that 😂 but I can’t help but feel self conscious about the weight since I gained like 20lbs in one year.

I am sober (14 months!) and had some issues with alcohol, I have fibromyalgia and a mood disorder and I’m on meds so my weight seems to fluctuate a lot. I also quit smoking like six months ago. So there are a lot of reasons to be a bit heavier than I used to be.

My mom has always been pretty critical about my weight and I know she’s just projecting her own issues onto me (she literally weighs herself every day and she thinks if she’s 130lbs she’s overweight - we’re both 5’2) so I feel like thats part of it. Recently she told me I shouldn’t wear tight clothes. I feel like I just hear her voice in my head telling me to lose weight.

I don’t knowwww but I’m sick of feeling weird in my own body