She’s here!! ❤️

Sa

Kira Ivy - born at 39 weeks. 6 lbs 8.4 oz and 18.5 inches.

My water broke at 4:30am on 2/4 and we arrived at the hospital around 9am and I was a 1/2cm dilated (which I was on 1/31 when I got checked by my doctor, as well) and I was having contractions every 4-5 minutes.

They did tests to make sure it was actually my water that broke and when they determined that it was, I was admitted.

I labored naturally until about 6pm when I told the nurse that I felt like I wanted to push. I was in the jacuzzi tub at the time, so she had me get out and checked me. I was 5cm dilated. She called my doctor to come back since he had come to see me around 5pm when his practice closed, and they started setting up the room for delivery. Around 7, I was really ready to push and when she did another check, I was 10cm and my cervix was completely effaced.

After 17 hours, this beauty arrived at 7:37pm. She got her first feeding in at 8:30, second feeding at 10:30 and is amazing!

I can’t believe I get to call her mine!

And ladies, going natural is HARD WORK, but so so worth it. I’ll my husband was a champ and helped me a ridiculous amount so I was able to push through.

I wish all of you ladies the best with your deliveries and beautiful babies!! ❤️❤️