Endo NO or YES? Should I Get a Second Opinion?
I recently went to my GYN with concerns about possibly having endometriosis.
We went over my cycle history, pregnancies, sex and past and current symptoms. She recommended I go on birth control(to help with pain) and that I get an ultrasound of my uterus(came back fine.) Because of this my Doctor doesn’t think I have Endo. and told me I probably just have intense periods.
I haven’t started the birth control and I feel unsatisfied. So I’ve been thinking about getting a second opinion. If I have Endo. I want to know what I can do to help/treat it. Not just be told I’m fine; when I know I’m not. What do you think?
Here’s a little about my vagina:
• Started my period at 17
• My second period started it all
- horrible cramps(abdomen, back, butt and legs)
- my body would tremble
- cold sweats
- vomiting(multiple times)
- tired(sleep through the 1st and 2nd day of my period)
- wouldn’t go school/work for the first few days of my period
Note: This would happen during my whole period.
• Irregular periods
- always different amount of days between periods
- periods always lasted different lengths
• Some sort of pain/discomfort during and after sex
• Periods were this way until I was pregnant with my first at age 20 and then my second at 22.
• Tubal Ligation after my second baby
• After pregnancy my period changed
- mild cramps
- no vomiting just nausea
- no trembling or sweats
- more regular
Note: I assumed it had to do with the hormone changes my body went through during pregnancy
• At 24 everything changed. I was 17 again!
- Everything I dealt with before started happening again(not as intense but still bad)
• Pain/discomfort during sex has become so normal, I rarely want to do anything
• I have a very low sex drive(was never the case before)
So I’m 26 now and need help! What do you think? Anyone dealing with similar BS? Am I just crazy and this totally normal?
Thank with love, Jasmin