Very tired and need advice

Kasey • RIP Ryley ❤️ 6/27/19 - 1/10/21 ❤️

I really don’t think this is a “leave him” situation, but I really need advice because I’m exhausted.

My fiancé and I have been together for almost 2 years. Not very long in reality but we have a 10 month old son and I’m almost 19 weeks pregnant with our second. He is 23 and I’m 21.

My problem is he does not take a lot of responsibility. I’m a stay at home mom and he works, usually over 40 hours a week, and so I do everything. I have no problem with taking most of the responsibility since he works. He doesn’t have to change diapers or feed him anymore. Again, doesn’t really bother me. Except for the fact that my job is 24/7 and I’m pregnant AND I’m taking college classes. And it’s like asking him to do anything is a hassle.

For example, ten minutes ago I asked him to feed the baby. I made the bottle, and he was upstairs in our room and asked me to bring him the baby. Kind of annoying but at that point I was having a horrible stomachache (I have IBS) and couldn’t lift the baby and walk up the stairs. He does come down and feed him but gets angry about it.

It pisses me off because he’s been sleeping all day. Literally all day. He has mental health problems and is off one of his meds that keeps him focused and awake during the day, so I understand he’s tired and needs his meds but he hasn’t had any responsibility all fucking day. I’m in pain and asking one thing of him.

I just don’t know what to do. The baby is still his responsibility when he’s home regardless of if he works, but I get almost no help. He loves me and our baby but he’s always been a bit selfish. He’s already in individual therapy so do I bring it up with his therapist? What do I do?

He’s normally a little more helpful on his meds but like right now, is this an excuse? Do I let him be lazy because he doesn’t have medication? I’m normally really understanding about his mental illnesses but seriously, I’m so exhausted.