If anyone is bored and has time will they read the rough draft of my essay and give their thoughts? Was it boring? Interesting? Any helpful suggestions

edit to add :::

The essay is supposed to be about one thing we’re good at and then each paragraph about a skill that we learned from it. So I’m writing about parenting

.. Have you ever had to juggle 5 apples while balancing on one foot with your hands tied behind your back? Me either, but some days my life seems just that impossible to manage. I have a beautiful three month old daughter named Sara, a wild five year old named Ashton, and an amazing, but very forgetful boyfriend named pj. They've all been ever so patient and helpful while I take this journey and work on mastering the art of parenting. Its not something I'm perfect at, but is anyone?

One of the things that parenting has taught me is flexibility. Nothing goes as planned when attempting to prepare two very unpredictable children for their day. Will today be smooth sailing, or will I have to spend an extra hour comforting a newborn that doesn't want to get in her car seat? Or argue with a five year old that wants to wear an outfit from his dirty clothes hamper? You can aim for being punctual but don't get discouraged if you're always the last family to make it to Thanksgiving dinner, or if a five item grocery trip turns into a two hour long disaster on aisle two. Take whatever twists and turns that interrupt your plans, and make the best of them.

In March of last year I got into a car wreck that ended up totaling my car. In the midst of one of my world famous rash decisions, I decided to walk into a Ford dealership and purchase the first car that the salesman showed me. Pj told me to think it over but I insisted that I would be happy with that car. The thrill of a new car lasted all of three months, until reality sunk in. One day I just woke up and realized I'm now the fortunate but very unhappy owner of a 2017 Ford Focus when I wanted a 2018 Honda Civic. I've had this car for 11 months and nothing fills my heart with more regret then opening that nineteen thousand dollar door and entering a car that I don't want, but have to spend the next six years paying for. Had I had patience when car shopping then I wouldn't have to literally be paying for my mistakes right now. In retrospect my kids are helping me learn patience. Of course you need patience when dealing with them, that's a given. However, they're continuing to help me work on myself in more ways then they'll ever know. If I didn't have their best interest in mind then I would've already racked up more debt by getting a new car loan on top of this one.

I've been blessed with the opportunity to be a stay at home mom to my two kids. This in itself has helped me establish and build a daily routine. Some days I feel like I'm living the same day on repeat and yes it gets tiring. At least 5 days out of my week are planned out the exact same, down to the part where I look at my boyfriend at two-thirty pm and say “you forgot your lunch” as he heads out the door for work. Honestly it would be nice to have some diversity but it's also nice having a set routine. It helps keep everything in order and helps to ensure that everything is taken care of. Having one routine can help move through other routines more smoothly. For instance, I'm sure to have all of Ashton’s school items ready to go the night before school so that we aren't interfering with the morning routine by searching for them. Our routines really just help the house flow better. Everyone knows what they're supposed to be doing.

I can remember on several occasions going to the ATM to check my balance and having just enough money to keep my account open. I've always had the worst spending habits. Before having children I would make sure my bills were paid and then lose myself while shopping away the rest of my money. I started attending budgeting classes at my sons preschool, and I learned how to save money. We now shop sales, save money from every paycheck, and try to avoid unnecessary shopping. It honestly makes me feel a lot better knowing that we're able to have money set inside in case of emergencies. There are several ways to budget but we go a simpler route. We calculate all of the bills that will be due for the month, set money aside for that, give ourselves fifty dollars of spending money, and then we save the rest. I wont lie its tough sticking to it, but I we just try to keep our long term goals in mind to help pass the time.

If being an adult hasn't done anything but stress me the hell out its also taught me so many useful skills. Patience, flexibility, and that budgeting and home routines make life so much easier. If you can help it, you don't want to end up that person that desperately checks their account balance only to see the three dollars that keeps their account open. You definitely don't want to be the person that drives a nineteen thousand dollar regret around town every day. Remain patient, and remember that its okay when things don't go as planned. Just go with the unpredictable flow of everyday life. Life wont always be easy, so its best to find ways to make it work for you. Whether you have children or not, Anyone can benefit from these skills. I know that I learned them later in life, but now that I have them I see and experience the benefits of them every day.

-

Edit to add. I’m going to work on grammar later and my professor said to try and pick a certain type of audience and write as if you’re reaching out to them so I’m trying to kind of write as if I’m reaching out to parents/parents to be.