Being with someone you don’t trust

Has anyone ever been with someone who has made them insecure or who they just didn’t trust?? Did it work out at the end, did he change his ways to be better for you & to help you trust him again? When me & my bf first started dating I trusted him & I wasn’t insecure but lately when we argue he says things that I can’t help but take in the worse way possible & it makes me so insecure and my trust for him rn is at ZERO. He says he doesn’t mean these things as far as comparing me to ex’s when we argue etc he does it to get me upset but it’s like dang out all those things you chose to do that? I’ve said hurtful things myself I won’t play innocent but still I don’t compare him to anyone. I don’t see myself forgiving him rn or anytime soon. I push it to the back of my mind when we’re good but when we argue thts the first things I bring up cause it still bothers me. I can’t help but think he still loves her or is still tlking to her but as far as I know he has never cheated on me . I have no evidence of that so I won’t assume that. Our anniversary is coming up & I won’t be celebrating it or V day. I just want some space , a peace of mind. I don’t want to continue like things still aren’t bothering me & be fake abt it or hold it in.