Baby blues? PPD?

I was induced at 37 weeks due to mild preeclampsia and now my baby is a week old.

He first few days home I would just cry out of no where and just felt sad for no reason.

I felt sad that I couldn’t breastfeed, thought my baby wasn’t eating enough or that I wasn’t as good as a mother as I thought I would be, I felt like my SO and I weren’t going to be the same as before baby.

The last day or 2 I’ve been feeling better I feel like I’m getting to know my baby and can figure out what he needs now. Yes it’s hard but I wouldn’t change anything he is a good baby and I’m so lucky.

I had my 1 week appointment today and my dr asked me how I was feeling and all of a sudden I was crying I told him I was feeling sad. He said I probably have baby blues and that he wanted to put me on Zoloft so that it doesn’t get worse and turn into PPD.

After the appointment i went in my car and broke down. I felt like a failure. I was having such a good day until I went to that appointment.

I don’t know if I should even take the Zoloft that he proscribed me. Yes I was feeling sad but isn’t that common when you just have a baby, have no sleep, and barely eat? I love my baby so much and would do anything for him. Let me know how you guys felt after baby and if I’m not the only one who felt this way.