What are we...

Been talking to this guy for nearly a year.. he was on deployment for 6 months and haven’t missed a day of texting, calling, and meeting up when we can. We both work but live far from each other and only see each other on the weekend usually. He’s genuinely a good guy, let me use his car as a daily, and I don’t have a gut feeling he’s doing anything. I was being corny and asked if he could sold linear equations the other day and if he could help me with a problem. Y=my+b my valentine and he was like.. yeah idk lol. So I was like, it’s cool, cause he probably thought it was a joke and all but it’s valentines and he hasn’t did shiz.. no dinner plans or anything, lol. Nothing. Not even a happy Valentine’s Day. And we’re still texting like it’s any other day. He’s been open of his feelings towards me before, usually when I ask about it. And we have plans for ourselves and usually sounds like it’s made to work out between us two but we don’t have a label on ourselves yet. I’ve accepted the idea that it probably isn’t his thing, but idk.. it makes me iffy. Someone please give me some insight, because I just wanna be understanding and not confused. I ask him about us, but I don’t wanna push it too much and possibly push him off..