My mom wants to go to all my prenatal appointments

Micaela

Hi ladies. I’m in need of some advice. My mother wants to go to all my prenatal appointments and I’m a pretty private person. I don’t even mind that my husband doesn’t get off work to go. This is our second child. My mother lived in another state when I had my first child so I didn’t have to deal with this. But now she lives right next door to us and is always trying to be involved in everything. She gets mad at me when I don’t want to tell to her every little detail. We never got along when I was a child and still deal with issues today. Thankfully she was out of town for my first prenatal appointment so she didn’t go to that one but now I have an ultra sound scheduled for next week because I have a history of iugr (intrauterine growth restriction) with my first child. I had to lie to her and tell her I’m just getting some blood work done (I really will be getting blood work done too) so she didn’t insist on coming with me. I had to tell her when my next appointment is in March though and she’s insisting on coming to that one with me. I don’t know how to tell her no without her getting angry at me and being hurt I don’t want her to go. She’s causing me an immense amount of stress and she doesn’t seem to get that even though everyone else can see it. How do you guys feel about having your mother go with to all of your appointments? Keep in mind we have a bad history together and she’s a very angry, her way or the Highway, type of person. What would you all do? I appreciate all your comments and advice.