Help ! My LO have acid reflux !

Siobhan

Does any mama's have any sort of experience dealing with or have dealt with before a newborn having acid reflux? My LO was diagnosed at 2 mos while also having lots of painful gas spells. This LG has been thru the ringer ! She came 6 1/2wks early because i was very dehydrated and actually out myself in labor. I rushed to the hospital my water hadnt broke so they were doong any and everything possible to keep this LG in the womb. She was early AND she was breach! Ugh, i was terrified. After 8 hrs of meds to rey and stop the contractions, morphine for the pain of the contractions she then started bulging on my sac and i was still only 2 CN. 4 more hours go back my OB rushes in and says we have to do an emergency C-Section this babys coming and we dont havd time to try and flip her. I was terrified. Im a first time mother, my SO is in jail until June, it was terrifying. Well we went in did the surgery, baby was great 5pounds 1oz 17in; She did have to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks until her feeding tube was ready to be removed. So whwn she came home as soon as we switched her formula to powdered from the readymade she was eating in the NICU her 1st 3 wks really fucked up her belly. Premies have a very late start to rheir digestive system so its not completely ready to be used so harshley at 32 weeks. Ans the formula that they put her on was Neosure. Well in the NICu with the ready-made she did perfect. As soon as we had to switch to the powder because WIC covered it was AWFUL i mean she was struggling just to get it down. It gave her such bad gas, she was in actual pain while teting to srink it out of a bottle. I went thru so much money on gas drops and gripe waters and probiotics..winnie gas applicatora, i did bicycles stuck a thermometer in rectal with lube trting to get the trabbed gas out, i mean we tried it all and nothjnf seemed to work. She was in CONSTANT pain for hours a couple of times a day! Her peds FINALLY changed her formula to Gerber SOY and diagnosed her with acid reflux and gave her zantac. Well we switched Peds because of insurance purposes and her knew peds changed her formula again to Alimentinum the Similac purple can and uped her doseage of the zantac. So we are waiting to see some results this week sometime hopefully. The evening crying painful cries are the worse, we think it may be colic. We think that stupid Neosure formula created the colic to switch on and these hospitals should NEVER have to give these premie babies neosure formula !! I have heard THE WORSE srories drom evsry single mom that has has any kind of experience with it !!