sexual assault of men played for laughes [Tw]

su

I highly suggest watching this! ”sexual assault of men played for laughes” by pop culture detective (link below). After watching this video, I wanted to hear CC opinions.

Rape jokes and comments against men are often made in media. You can see this in many popular movies and shows like Guardians of the galaxy, family guy, rick and morty, get hard, glee, dead pool, iron man, Malcolm in the middle, law and order, and on Saturday night live, just to name a few, as well as an alarming amount of subtle ones in children content like power puff girls, the amazing world of gumball, puss in boots, and more.

Rake jokes when targeted on women, are HIGHLY criticised, but when targeted on men, are funny. Why is that? Why do you think it's considered okay? A friend of mine brought up that she thought that it was fine and funny in media but that if rape jokes targeting men we're going to be okay in media, so should rape jokes targeting women. Do you agree? Disagree? What's your opinion on this topic?

EDIT: i wanted to add, alot of these jokes have to do with prison and of the “don’t drop the soap” variety. I know alot of people are going to say that no joke about sexual assault is funny, but I want everyone to be honest, have you ever laughed at one of these jokes, especially in movies and shows I listed above?

https://youtu.be/uc6QxD2_yQw