Do you believe people can see eye to eye?

El

So I used to be a super conservative Christian, and over the years my views have changed a lot. But one thing I've always had, and it drives me crazy, is I don't jump down people's throats for having differing opinions. Sure there may be some heated discussions but overall I don't hate their opinion or resent them.

I've become more in the middle now and I can see reasoning for both sides of an argument.

But I don't understand why this tears us so much. Christian's and Atheists can never see eye to eye. Pro choice and pro lifers can never see eye to eye.

You don't have to agree with them, I just don't see why its so hard to understand a differing opinion?

There are many people who won't be friends with someone because of suffering opinions, or there's strain on family cause they are on different sides.

Why do you think we are like this? I know there will never be peace, but can't we come to accept that others have different opinions? Why can't we reason with each other? Maybe I'm being too passive and optimistic, just drives me crazy seeing how these things divide us. I'm not saying we should live in la la land and never have discussions, I love having healthy debates. But most of the time they aren't healthy and it turns into this big fight.

Vote below to see results!