C section recovery ?

I am a first time mom, I am 27 ( soon 28) and I was wondering if you had any tips to recover from a C-section fast ? It was hard for me to make that decision and I am super scared to get the surgery... but that's how it is. I will have a baby to care for straight after it so I really need to get moving asap. Please let me know of anything that helped you recover quickly after your c section....

I feel like an alien for requesting it ... I am in the UK and the doctors and midwife's look so shocked that I'd rather have that then being induced. I am shattered.

Everyone keep telling me how bad it is to have a C-section and how rough the recovery can be .... Pain every time you sneeze, pain a year after the surgery etc. I am so upset about all this. I just want my baby out safely. I am also so upset with the way I look... I have stretch marks on my belly, thighs and calves .... Plus the scar from the c section soon. I just don't feel good about anything. I feel like seeing my baby is the only thing that will make me feel better right now .