What’s with all this Brie Larson hate?

Elby

RDJ put a post on his fb of the Captain Marvel trailer and I saw a load of comments from men saying ‘well I can’t see this because I’m a man’ or ‘Is Brie really comfortable being in a film with you, RDJ, seeing as your a white man?’ And I was like.. okay.. what am I missing?

So I googled her press tour and she’s said that Captain Marvel is a feminist movie because it shows a strong female lead and it is the first marvel movie with a female lead (something which a lot of people have been asking for) and she said, from previous movies she’s been in, she noticed that most critics were white men and she wished for more diversity... and now she’s getting backlash?

When will men stop trying to twist what women say and make strong women with opinions into the bad guys? SHE NEVER SAID SHE HATED WHITE MEN. SHE JUST SAID THEY OVERCROWD THE MOVIE CRITIC INDUSTRY AND HELLO, THERE ARE OTHER TYPES OF PEOPLE.

She’s also getting hate for specifically asking for female interviewers. She’s a woman who wants to support other women and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Some men need to fucking suck it up and realise the world doesn’t need to revolve around them.