Is this a good idea?

So my 17th birthday is coming up in two months and my parents want to throw me a party. At first I couldn’t think of anything so I just thought of something lowkey with a few people. But then my mom came up with the idea of having a party on a boat that’s about 3 hours which sounds really nice. I really never done anything BIG before so it’s weird to me. It’s a decent deal too something like $55 per kid and $65 for adults so I can get about 20-30 kids and around 10 adults for around $2,000 with food and dj included. The only family I really have is my immediate family. And I only have some really close friends but there are some people that I sorta talk to that I could invite. They said they wouldn’t mind paying for it Bc last year for my sweet 16 I did something small I just had a few friends and took them out for dinner. Every year I usually do the same thing so they thought I should switch it up. I don’t have a lot of friends and I’m not used to being the center of attention but I think it could be nice. Do you think it’s weird though that i could possibly be having a sweet 17 instead of a sweet 16? Should I call it that? What do people normally do for their 17th? Would I have to get a sweet 16 dress? Also if this does happen would I have to do the candles like in a sweet 16? I know I could do it however I want but idk how to go about it. It may or may not happen but I just want to get a headstart. Is it weird having it be so similar to a regular sweet 16? Is it too much for a 17th or should I just do something else instead?

Vote below to see results!