Parvo PSA

anonymous • Welcome to the internet

This will not work for pups under the age of 2 months

For all my friends this is how to treat parvo works on puppys

First thing Parvo is not what kills dogs it's the secondary infection like Ecoli that usually is dormant in a dogs gut the trick is to keep it from becoming active and treat for dehydration and vomiting. My mom used i.v. solution you can get at most animal feed stores 50 cc every two hours under the neck skin.

Second she used anti nausea medication crushed and dissolved in a mixture of rebound, and high calorie supplement you use for pregnant dogs or cats she feed every 30 min until the vomiting stops then use only the rebound and high calorie mixture every two hrs around the clock, you will want to administer the dramamine (anti nausea) ever 4 to 5 hrs.

Trick is to keep something in the stomach at all times so around the clock is best. Once the dog starts drinking on it's own you can stop you are home free. It works about 90 percent of the time, Parvo is almost always fatal for very young pups Almost forgot, spray the yard with 50/50 bleach solution. And use lysol inside so it doesn't infect other dogs.