Has anyone been put under for their c section?

Kacie • Mama&Wife 👧🏽💘11/25/16🤱🏽💙04/12/19

Here’s my situation. I have gestational thrombocytopenia. That means I have low blood platelets (which are the little guys that make your blood clot). I had it in my first pregnancy but it hovered right above the limit of what’s considered too low. My first pregnancy I had a c section which I was awake for at 38 weeks and 3 days. I got to be awake for it and it was honestly so smooth and an amazing experience. So here we are again at 32 weeks pregnant and I have low platelets again. They were at 111 when I was 28 weeks. Basically if it gets under 100 they’d probably have to put me under for a c section, as they don’t want to stick a needle in your spine when your blood won’t clot. So my options if it gets too low are be put under for a c section, or attempt a VBAC (vaginal birth after c section) with no epidural. That honestly terrifies me. I don’t want to be asleep for the birth of my son, and my SO wouldn’t be allowed in the room (I DO NOT WANT that to happen). But I also don’t want to go through all the pain of having an unmedicated birth. Plus the other risks of having a vbac. And then there’s the possibility of failing a vbac and having to be put under for an emergency c section rather than just having a planned one. Ugh. Anyone with any advice or words of comfort. I’m stressing out about it.