I just want my life back

Rebecca

So I kinda just want to vent with other people to maybe give me their opinion.

I am 19, married and help my uncle take care of my grandmother. I’ve been doing this practically my whole life. Recently my grandmother has become where she cannot walk well and has been hospitalized multiple times because of it. Every time she refuses to get rehab because she just wants to go home. Whenever she comes home she can’t walk and it’s physically and mentally hurting us to deal with her. We can’t put her in a nursing home because we will lose her house and I would become homeless because I’m renting from my uncle while he lives with her. I can’t afford to move anywhere else either.

It’s mentally exhausting (She’s manipulative and likes to talk down to me because I am young) and we just want her to go to a rehab center long enough to regain her strength. We’ve tried pulling our POA power but we can’t because she is in her right mind. She had agreed for about a day to go to a center but then refused the next day while we weren’t there.

I just want my life back. I want to be able to live and to go to school and to not have to constantly plan everything around her schedule. I feel trapped and don’t know what to do...