Fitness saved me from post partum depression

I’m just going to start by saying this is a bragging post! 2019 has been a hell of a year and I got terrible depression starting around January and nothing was really seeming to help, it was a self esteem issue mixed with being burn out. So I decided to set everything aside for a week and focus on my mental health which wasn’t easy. But after a week I started feeling better! My mood lifted and I was just happier. 4 weeks after starting this journey and I couldn’t be more proud of myself just for the fact of sticking with it. I am a very busy mother of a 6 month old and two year old so putting time aside for myself was not only difficult but I felt selfish for it, looking back now I’m so glad I did, not only to help myself but to help be a better and Happier wife and mother ❤️

Please mommies make sure to set time aside for yourselves! Even if it’s 10 minutes of drinking coffee by yourself while your kids play! It’s so easy to get caught up in taking care of everyone else that we forget about taking care of us!