Had a rough day/ night

Courtney • Wife 👰🏾🤵🏻 💙4/15/19 💙 8/11/20 due 9/4/22

So I had an appointment yesterday at 33 weeks 6 days. I told then the pressure I'm having and they checked me. I was 70% effaced and the most fun part is his head has engaged my pelvis. His 8cm width head is already at almost a 0 so they said because I have contractions all the time I should stop and go on bedrest. I told them nope I will go out a week earlier than planned but I'm not going to stop working just yet.

Well fast forward to the afternoon when I walked a mile (by accident) to get to my breastfeeding class with my mom. All the while having contractions and pressure. I took my medication to stop them and it didnt work. I went home to see my husband who was out of town on business for a few days. Called the doctor because they were getting stronger and about 6 minutes apart. Back to the hospital I went. And since my husband was "really tired" from his trip I packed my bag, and had some baby clothes just in case. And drove myself back to the hospital (made a 30 minute trip 20 at midnight)

They checked me out and I'm 80% and heavily contracting at this point. I'm also pissed because I'm really damn tired! They gave me a shot to stop the contractions but it didnt work right away it took 4 hours before they started to slow down. They checked be before I left again and in at 2cm 80% effaced. The baby who normally sleeps most of the night was very active and up through the night between the contractions. Poor guy didnt get any rest.

They said go back to work and you will have your baby early and he will be in the NICU, stay home and he will have a shot at a better birth weight and you can bring him home. The choice is yours.

Not really a choice I guess. So 2 weeks early for me. And I finally got to rest at home! It was rough! Sooo happy we didnt have him yet. He is 5lbs 8oz now but I hope he can put on another pound and a half before birth.