Pregnacare Conception - Delayed Cycle

Elle

After ttc for a few months, I decided to purchase the Pregnacare Conception vitamins. As expected the tablets turned my pee bright yellow but nothing else out of the ordinary, until my period was due. I have a regular 28 day cycle and my period is never late; however, this time round my period didn’t start until cd32. From around cd26 I also had sore boobs and a frequent urge use to the toilet aswell as slight cramps on the day my period was due. OBVIOUSLY, my hopes were high - until I read numerous reviews on Google stating the same things have happened to ALOT of other women!!

The cause of this is due to the high amount of B6 (714%!) which lengthens your luteal phase. This is a good thing if you have a short luteal phase but for many like me, this change is not welcome!! The pregnancy like symptoms is because of the progesterone produced during this extended phase.

Just a lil heads up if you’re still trying to get used to/understand your cycle and thinking of trying these.

I’m still debating whether to continue taking the tablets or opt for a cheaper version with lower amounts of ingredients. 🤷🏽‍♀️