Advice please

Went for scan as have brown/dark red blood clots and heavy cramps. Scanner said embryo 6 weeks, not the 6.6 weeks it should be in size, a bit of blood around it and no heartbeat, likely to miscarry- diagnosed early demise. So... I'm waiting for two weeks till next scan, either there will be a heartbeat n growth or I will see if all of the baby has been expelled n if not have a d&c. Do u think this is a good plan/course of action? Didn't want to d&c straight away just incase. Signed off for two weeks but really need to get back to work Monday - I don't know what to do.