No one explained postpartum life.. it’s a mess for us

Ashleyy • Baby Boy 💙 March 2019

Laying in my guest room/nursery feeding my 6day old son. Sitting here laughing at the fact that my life is a mess and I’m okay with it..

I always saw the birth of my child to be perfect and the after birth to be easy. I was WRONG. My life is a mess right now.

- my left nipple is inverted so when baby feeds I’m covered/soaked in breast milk

- some days i produce so much I literally leak all over the floor

- boob, pump, formula give it all to me i don’t care in the middle of the night. I wanted to be that “i only breastfeed” mom. Well f that for me. My baby is happy with a full belly

- I’m still wearing the hospital mesh undies, like come on... they are amazing

- I’m wearing depends because of bleeding and my husband laughs that both his babies have clean diapers lol (he goes and buys them, he’s amazing)

- Emergency Csection changed my life. 6cm dilated, 21hours of labor, they break my water and we have a prolapsed-cord. Running to the OR with the doctors hand up my vagina while on all 4s naked. They saved my baby.

- wound vacuum for my csection is attached to me 24/7 for 10days. It makes a weird farting noise sometimes so I always say excuse me lol but i also can’t drive with it.

- wearing pants is hard with depends, mesh undies, and the wound vac so why not enjoy the no pants life for a while.

- postpartum depression is real. I love my life, my son, and myself. But sometimes I get sad for no reason. I worry about everything and i distance myself. It’s real and it can happen to anyone.

Take it day by day, you are doing great no matter what. It can be hard for some and easy for others. For me it’s been a rough road but that’s okay

My wound vac for anyone asking :)