Unbearable period pain :(

Hi girls, I just wanted to create a new topic for all of you who suffer from period pain so we share our tips and fight period pain together!

So here's my story. From the very first moment I got my period (I just turned 13) I've had the worst cramps. I started with the pill 6 months later, as my cycle was pretty messed up, I was on my period for 9 days and off for 2 weeks only. First I tried normal painkillers (paracetamol) and as this didn't work at all, I started to use Aleve Feminax. When I started with my pill, it clearly didn't work because I was on my period for over 4 weeks straight. I got another pill, still the same hormones but a higher dose. This seemed to work quite well and I was happy that I could finally control my period.

However, it seemed like everytime I got my period, it was getting worse. With it I mean the cramps, nausea and headaches etc. I felt like my body just couldn't handle my periods and every day directly after school, I went to sleep. I went to the doctor multiple times and she told me that she couldn't do anything for me because I was too young (14 at that time).

I think that when I was 15, the cramps became so bad I had to miss school en work. I felt horrible and weak, and when I was on my period I always leaked through my pads and tampons. I felt so insecure and often lied awake the entire night sobbing because of the pain. My mother suggested we'd see the doctor again and so we did.

The doctor insisted that there was nothing wrong with me and that it was just a case of "bad luck". In order to try and relieve me from the pain she prescribed me with other pain killers

(three times a day 50mg diclofenac and 1000mg paracetamol). This seemed to help a little but the pain has gotten worse again.

I'm seventeen now and when I started to get sexually active, I often felt heavy cramps in my lower belly after sex. Sometimes they got so bad during sex that I had to stop. Furthermore, before and during my period I have constipation and my bladder gets irritated.

As I also started to have striking pains and cramps when I'm not even on my period, I went to the doctor recently and he put me on another pill, again a higher dose. It isn't helping at all so next week I have another appointment to have me sent to the gynecologist. I feel ashamed because I'm so young and I just know something is wrong with my body. I've always felt that way but it seems like no one really listens.

Do you have any tips or is there anyone out there with the same experience?