My journey

Brittany

Prepare for long post:

Im currently 24 weeks with our precious rainbow baby boy. I have always dreamt of being a mom and this pregnancy has been hard in ways I truly didn’t expect it to be. The all day sickness for the first 4 months, constant growing pains and overwhelming sense of smell. I have had serious breakouts from the beginning and it has its days now where it isn’t so bad. My boss didn’t respect my pregnancy because she worked until the day she delivered with hers and so it left me choosing to quit my job early because she wouldn’t work with me on lightening my schedule load. So much family drama and financial stress I’ve tried to handle the best I can. I’ve been trying to process the changes my body has been having and trying to not be afraid to lose this precious baby too so it’s all been up and down. So much has happened so far and I love him so much already but so far I don’t expect to be one of those women who will miss being pregnant. I cannot wait to meet him and hold him and see what he looks like I pray he looks at least a little like me! It all feels like a dream and when he kicks its more real but still not real to me. I’m just now starting to feel beautiful on some days and just am hoping it continues to get better. I switched out my belly ring to the extended plastic one and it irritated my belly button so I took it out today which makes me so sad because repiercing it is gonna hurt! Not to mention I am not a fan of outy belly buttons and mine is starting to come out 😩 (I have a weird nerve issue with my belly button and a little mole inside it so it becoming an outie just means I’ll be completely exposed to weird pains and it getting hit) so many changes but all of which are leading to the light of my life entering this world. I don’t have that many people to talk to about my pregnancy because I’ve chosen to not publicize it until he’s born for multiple personal reasons. I’m not even sure the point of this post except that I can’t sleep and I love coming on here and just wanted to share that this journey has been rough so far and I see I’m only half way up the mountain but I felt beautiful today! My poor boyfriend just took his first bump picture with me because even when I take them alone I haven’t felt beautiful or like they were special and didn’t think he’d wanna be a part of it. But today is better and that is serious progress for me. I hope you all feel beautiful today and every day! Love and light mamas!