My labor story

Kayla • Mama to the beautiful Jade Veronica 👶🏽🎀
On Friday (9/11/15) at my 38 week appointment, my doctor sent me to labor and delivery because my blood pressure had been high all week. I was sent home to do a 24-hour urine test and was told to return the next morning (9/12/15). The results of my urine test was negative for preeclampsia; however, my blood pressure continued to rise so my doctor decided to start the induction process. She inserted cervidil at 3 pm and I kept that in for 12 hours. After that was complete, and I was still at 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced, I was given pitocin at 4:30 am on Sunday (9/13/15) morning. I requested an epidural at around 8:30 am. The doctor broke my water once I reached 4 cm and my blood pressure continued to rise but baby was okay the entire time until I reached about 7 cm. I had gotten a fever and was given Tylenol. Baby's heartbeat was starting to drop as my blood went up and up. I was put on oxygen and finally reached 10 cm at 1:30 Monday (9/14/15) morning. At 2:45, my baby girl entered the world. Even though my labor wasn't ideal and I had a few complications, seeing my princess for the first time was amazing. I was in labor for a total of 34.5 hours but I would do it all over again just for her.