Feeling like self harming

Bradleigh • 🌰🌱🌻

After an ovarian cyst and issues with anxiety/depression, I've had to switch birth control multiple times. In currently using the nuvaring and it came out last week and I found it in my laundry. I've been off hormones for a week without knowing it and was afraid of being pregnant. I did start my period, however, my ovary is in so much pain, the cramps are unreal, the fatigue is debilitating, AND I'm extremely anxious/depressed and I feel impulses to punch my thighs, slap myself, etc. My anxiety and depression have been horrible since November when I got my cyst removed. The whole process of surgery was traumatic for me and it's been really hard to get over, along with a ton of other external stressors. Having my first heavy period in years after having IUDs and other period suppressants, I feel overwhelmed by my symptoms and the crazy amount of blood. I've ALWAYS had heavy/intense periods which is why I've been on birth control since 14. I'm not sure what is going on with me, I'm in therapy and may start meds for my anxiety. I'm just so lost and I feel like a burden because I havent been able to work and I have break downs almost daily. My boyfriend has no experience with mental health so I can tell when I become too much and he isn't always the best with comforting me when I need it. I feel very alone in a lot of this and I have a hard time acknowledging when I actually DO get support because that feels so temporary and the loneliness feels so permanent.. any kind words or advice is greatly appreciated 💖