Bug bites!!!

Mandi 😈💀 • Expecting #2 August '15!
Ok I don't know what to do anymore. We live in the suburbs of the Bay Area, not the swamps of Louisiana! I keep the windows closed now, I put two ultrasonic bug repellent units in the room, one under the windows and the other right behind the crib, I vacuum every day and get the baseboards and corners and never see any kind of little insect, I change the sheets constantly and wash all the stuffed animals, I soaked cotton balls in essential oil (citronella, lemongrass, and grapefruit) and put them in the window sills, and my poor little boy woke up with 8 bug bite this morning! He gets none for a little while, then all of a sudden he just gets attacked! They swell and weep and it's horrible for him, but he's too young to understand the cream and just wipes it off. What else can I do? My SO sprayed all along the outside of the windows with repellent. I can't just spray him down with bug spray everyday, plus I don't even know if you can put bug spray on a 2 year old. I'm at my wits end. Any suggestions ladies? He doesn't act uncomfortable, but they look horrible and they can't feel good.