Dent on head after fall

* He has been to the pediatrician and this happened months ago, I’m not asking for medical advice *

Wondering if anyone has ever had this happen. My son fell and hit his forehead really hard back in January. He was an early walker and we were used to new bumps and bruises all the time, but this one takes the cake. He never had any signs of a head injury other than the visible dent that is still 100% there 3 months later. His pediatrician said it could have been a small skull fracture, but the only way to know would be a CT scan and he already had one on his head when he was 10 months old (due to having a 99th percentile noggin). We didn’t want to do it again since he was acting perfectly fine and the doctor didn’t act worried. She said there wasn’t much they’d do about it. I can only find one thread of moms talking about this online, but it has happened to other kids.

So if this ever happened to your child or someone you know, did the dent ever go away? It’s very noticeable and I feel really terrible about it. I feel like I allowed him to get this permanent imperfection on his perfect face. I don’t want him to ever be self-conscious about it.

This is a picture of it the day it happened.

This is it now. It looks red and angry because he just fell on it again today, but this is the best most recent picture I have.

Edit: even my mom that is an ER nurse acts like it’s fine. That’s another reason I didn’t get a second opinion. She lives out of state and hasn’t seen it in person though. We have an appointment scheduled with a different doctor and if they suggest having imaging done, we 100% will. I think I want to either way now. I can’t stop stressing out about it since I made this post. Very thankful for the input from you guys though.

Also, here’s a picture from today. It almost looks more noticeable to me now than when it first happened.