Hormones and crying

I am so tired of crying.

So my best friend is hosting a shower for me this Sunday. My sister was on the mailing list. However never got an invite to the shower. She refused to come to shower and instead took her kids away to a water park for the weekend last minute.

I am so hurt. We planned on asking her to be our child's Godmother. I have apologized several times and invited her myself. She won't come due to this trip she just planned. Even though she never told me her invitation never came.

I have just been in tears. This is supposed to be a happy time and I feel this whole pregnancy baby and me have been nothing but high risk and sick. I just wanted to celebrate our baby with those who mean the world to us.

She texted me saying she hope's I feel like a star on Sunday. I am just so confused I hate being center of attention. For me it was to wrap our baby up in love with our family and friends.

Between infertility, doctors, miscarriages, and this nightmare of a pregnancy. I wanted to celebrate. I am not one to want to be a star. I just wanted to wrap this baby in love and have one day where I didn't have to worry.

I just cannot stop crying.

What would any of you do if this were your sister?

I should emphasize she is step and we are extremely close, she lives 5 minutes away, I am Godmother to her 4th child. We talk every day. She is like one of my closest people. She never once mentioned she didn't get the invite. She asked me to house sit for her this weekend via text today. I said sure will see you Sunday and she said no she didn't get invited. So I have apologized several times now and feel horrible that the mix up happened. But every day we talk and for two months she never mentioned the invite was missing?