Seriously, what the crap.

So, i return to work in 5 days. My son has never spent more than 30 minutes away from me. I thought to myself, it would be great if I could leave him with someone for an hour or two just so he can get used to it before I drop him off for a long period of time.

So, I jokingly texted my sister in law (who i love and typically get along with) that i wish she lived closer, I'd like to have her watch him for a little bit before he starts day care.

Well, my mother in law lives 5 minutes down the road from me. Aaaaannnd ignores pretty much all my wishes when it comes to my older (6years) son. We've gone round and around about her giving him candy, her giving him too much screen time, etc. She drives me crazy about it.

Less than 30 minutes after I text my sister in law that, my mother in law offers to watch my youngest any time next week.

Seriously?

It took my sister in law all of 30 minutes to tell my mother in law what I said. She knows the relationship is strained between us. I don't want my MIL watching my youngest, I quite frankly don't trust her. My husband is on the same page about it, but now I have to wait and see if she's going to get all "offended" I won't let her watch him. Or come up with some small something to go do and give it a try.

Whhhyyyy did I text my SIL?? I seriously want to call her out on running and telling my MIL what I said.

I can't win with this family.