New mama needs help

Elsie

On the 16th, I found out I’m a mummy!

Yesterday we got the pleasure of witnessing our little ones heart beat:

Here’s the thing, I am, we are so so excited to welcome this little miracle into our lives. I am trying to do as much research as possible to ensure that we give our child the best possible start to life, but I’m at a disadvantage I didn’t come from a healthy upbringing, I don’t have contact with my mother or he side of the family. My dads family is small and I don’t know any older females that I can turn to in regards to this. The females I do know just don’t have children. So I feel very alone, I feel that when you go through such a sacred time people tend to have a mother or an older sister to sort of guide them through this. As I don’t have that, I am relying on you girls pleaaaase!

If you can offer any advise for any of the following please, please do

- I have terrible morning sickness, I have puked 8 times already today, I have been given medication for the morning sickness also, other than ginger what home remedies helped?

- I am not currently taking any prenatal vitamins, can I have your opinions on this please?

- I am scared that I don’t have room to grow a baby, I know my body will make room but I’m scared 😂 ( I’m 5’2 & a size 6 )

- Child birth, I want a home water birth. Without any pain relief if I can. I have seen the use of essential oils to help ease child birth, does any have any experience or further information on this?

- Did any of you carry out any spiritual practices whilst being pregnant? What can I do to make this pregnancy as calm and healthy as can be for both I and the baby?

- I will be breast feeding and I’ve seen many people say that it hurts, I have also seen that getting the latch wrong is why you have pain, is this completely true? Also, what does it feel like to have milk coming out of your nipples? Like the thought of the sensation is like hmm 🤔 😂

- What should I expect with pregnancy? I had this idea in my head about how pregnancy was going to be beautiful and glorious and I’m here telling myself it’s all going to be worth it in the end as my current experience isnt enjoyable

Any advise that doesn’t relate to the points above is also welcome