Thought he was proposing.

Alyssa

Long story short today is my bday yesterday was Mother’s Day, he gave me all my gifts at once. my boyfriend came home and gave me his grandmothers engagement and wedding ring, I thought he was proposing but he said that I could “chill with getting engaged” and that it’s a sentimental promise ring. We have been living together the past two years, we have a daughter together and our own place. I cried all night because of how upset I was. He gave me the ring to shut me up and he’s going to use this ring as a reason to take years to propose. We have been together 3 going on 4 years. I felt like an asshole at first but now really thinking about it every one keeps congratulating me and I don’t even know what to say because he makes it clear to everyone we aren’t engaged. I don’t know how to feel. I obviously love the ring but I just feel it’s so juvenile explaining even though it is an engagement ring, it’s a promise ring to me. I dont know. He has been misleading me, we had a fight about getting engaged and said that he already had a ring for me and hinting at his grandmas ring and then tells me it’s a fucking promise ring. Like. Bro. I don’t even know what to do.