Has anyone breastfeeding left baby with someone?

Nina

Ok I’m absolutely traumatized

Last night my husband and I left for about four hrs to meet with friends for dinner.

My mother who we live with, all week has been encouraging me over and over to go out and have a good time. She said she’ll watch her and for us not to worry.

So....we set her up and go. My daughter has been supplementing since one month and she’s a wonderful breastfeeding baby also. We’ve had no issues with my supply, I pump also. So all three. (Also she’s in a pavlic harness for hip dysplasia)

Well.......

We come home and all hell had broken loose. My non fussy baby, who I’ve never heard cry really for more than a couple seconds....was in absolute hysterics. I stripped down to no cloths and my husband and I tried to comfort her for about an hour before she realized I was there and she could nurse.

We bathed her to soothe her and then over and over introduced my nipple until she finally latched and calmed down.

I feel like the biggest p.o.s for leaving her. I’m absolutely traumatized and had a nightmare this night of her crying and me leaving her in a room.

I’m returning to “work” I teach swimming two days a week for a couple hours here and there and I’m absolutely terrified now to leave her at all with my mom.

Why didn’t my mom tell me she’s too young to leave?

Why did I feel like I should go out?! I’m so selfish

Does anyone else have a mon thats useless when it comes to advice? She can’t remember anything! Whenever I ask her what did you do? She says I don’t remember....

Now my husbands pissed too and thinks we can never leave her with my mom. But I know its because I haven’t weaned her off the breast.

I plan on weaning at six months

Pleeeeeaaasssseeee

ANY TIPS ON WEANING OFF BREAST!????