Anatomy Scan worries!

Rachelle • Boy mom 💙

I had my anatomy scan today, and everything seemed to be fine and baby was measuring on track. I’m 20w2d. My husband was born with a cleft palate, so they were trying to check for that (but it’s hard to on U/S), so we moved on to the heart. She asked a few questions about heart problems in the family, and I told her my son was born with a murmur (hole in his heart) but it resolved by 6 months, and my brother had a congenital heart defect (I forget the name, but my mom was there to tell her). She seemed concerned, and left to get the doctor. The doctor came in and took a look, digging the probe pretty hard into my stomach and left again. She came back and said they want me to come back in 2 weeks and take another look for a cleft palate, and to do an echo on the babies heart. She couldn’t tell me anything else. But now I am soooo worried. My mom said they’re probably just doing it to be safe because of medical history, but I just have a gut feeling something is wrong. Has anyone been through this?