Would you spank your child in a church?

𝙲𝚊

Recently I attended my eldest nieces graduation from elementary school. The school had to rent out an entire church to fit everyone because there were 108 students alone, not even including their family.

I’m from Maine, but we live in Tennessee now. It’s nothing for us to see a kid get spanked in the grocery store or at the park or anywhere in public, really.

Anyway, at my nieces graduation, the family that was sitting in the pew in front of us had a child there probably about 7 or 8 years old—old enough, in my opinion, to know how to behave in public, especially in a church—who was acting up. I’m talking about kicking the pew in front of him, yelling over the graduation ceremony, screaming because his mom told him no, he would get out of his seat & run away from his parents. He was just being disrespectful.

Well, I guess his mom finally had enough & when he went to go run she grabbed him by the arm & started whooping his butt as she’s basically dragging him out of the church so he wouldn’t disrupt the rest of us anymore.

I’m in no place to judge another parent, but I was a little shocked. Like I said, I’ve seen kids get disciplined like that in a store but never in a church... have you???

Vote below to see results!