Hi ladies

I need you input on my situation,

I have a child from a previous relationship and my husband and I have 2, he has been taking care of him since he was 1 year old and sees him as he's own and loves him as much as our other kids.

The problem I'm currently facing is that I feel he is too severe with punishments with my kid, he is 6 years old and currently in kinder, as many kids he's age he misbehaves in school, the teacher sends in daily logs smiley face is he was good or sad with a side note as to why he got a sad face, for the past week and a half he's been getting sad faces daily, we've talked to him and he still not following direction as he's teacher says.

My husband has now for the past 3 days giving him timeout since the time he comes from school around 4:30 to 8:00 (dinner time) right after dinner he goes to sleep. I feel like this is too much, I think 1 hour time out should be sufficient, he is not a bad kid, he normally behaves well, specially around the house. We've talked to him to no use he has speach delay so communication is hard.

I've talked to my husband but he won't budge and we've had a pretty bad argument, he thinks he's 10000% right.

Is he right??