Professional look?

My husband is starting a side photography business. He had his first shoot today. He got home from work and changed clothes. He came out in a camo t-shirt, ripped jeans, and Converse. The jeans were basically shredded from top to bottom. You can see some of his leg including quite a lot of his boxer briefs. There is a hole in one side of them so big that the entire pocket sticks out of it.

While he was talking, I guess he noticed I was looking at his legs. He asked what.

I asked if he wanted to be viewed as a professional photographer. He said of course. I told him that was not the attire of a professional. He asked what was wrong with it. I said that the jeans looked completely unprofessional. He said he didn’t think so. I told him that if someone came to take my pictures and I could see the majority of his underwear I would not be impressed or recommend him to others. He told me maybe that had to do more with me being judgmental than anything else.

I don’t consider myself a judgmental person, but I think people do need to dress for the job.

I get his wearing a t-shirt. It’s long enough to cover his stomach and back when he reaches up, bends over, or lies down to get a shot. I understand that Converse are comfortable. It is an outdoor shoot for a family. My only issue was the jeans.

Just wanted to see if I am in the wrong here. Do you consider the attire (specifically the jeans) to be appropriate for someone who wants to be viewed as a professional?

Vote below to see results!