Water birth/laboring in water?

Elizabeth • | Wife💍| Baby girl born 7/12/19 😍

Is anyone planning on having a water birth or laboring in a tub, or has anyone done it before? I'm trying to decide if I want to go this route or not. I'd love to be able to at least labor in the water as water generally provides a lot of pain relief for me, but I don't know if I want an actual water birth. For those who have done it before, how did you decide?

My hospital only has one tub that they can set up for labor and delivery, and my husband thinks it would be too extra of me to only use it for labor and get out for delivery since I'm not sold on water birth (he also thinks that, since I plan on staying home until I'm solidly in active labor, I'd only be using it for a very short time - I told him that's not necessarily how labor works lol). He just doesn't want me being labeled as high maintenance and treated differently, but I'd also like as much pain relief as possible, since I'm very much hoping to go natural. Since I'm a FTM, I really have no idea what to expect from the whole experience. Advice appreciated. 😊