Friends (part 17)

cat

Mom? I yell.

Sweetie? Your home 30 minutes late. Are you ok! She yells back from upstairs.

Um sorta. I yell back.

What?! I hear her start to run around upstairs. Then I hear her running down the stairs.

What happened are you hurt?! She says looking and searching my body. Mason? She says looking at him. Are you two ok??

Umm...mom...we...um we got...I stutter.

Mason butts in. Um Ms. Murray, we got caught by a group of men called the Normans. They took us to their hideout on the edge of town for most of the day till we could escape.

My moms mouth is wide open, she is silent, and has a confused and surprised look on her face.

I stand there looking at my shoes, I glance at Mason.

Ms. Murray we need your help we are all in danger. We have to contact the police! My mom still stays silent.

Now! Ms. Murray we are all in danger!

My mom looks at me. Hannah is this true?? She asks.

I nod slowly.

I don’t even know what to say she pauses, she rests her head in her hands. Are you ok? What happened?

We are fine mom but, we really need you to call the police. They probably won’t believe us if two 17 year olds call.

Right! right, Um ok she says franticly looking for the phone.

Mason and I glance at each other. Is she ok? Mason mouths. I shrug and mouth back. I don’t know. With a nervous look.

She finally finds it and dials.

Hello yes police! My daughter and her friend were just kidnapped by um by um.., she suddenly stops talking.

Ma’am? Ma’am? Are you ok? A voice on the phone asks.

She glances at Mason. Who again?, her voice Cracks. The phone hits the floor and and hugs me.

She holds my face between her hands. Honey you were kidnapped?! She cry’s.

Yes mom that’s what we’ve been telling you. I tear up when she starts to cry and hug I her back.

Mason grabs the phone off the carpet and walks into the other room to talk to the police.

Oh god honey what happened! She looks in my eyes.

I feel my face turn red and I cry more. Whenever my mom cry’s I can’t help but cry too. She hugs me again.

I told her everything. Everything about Mason and how he got tied up with the Normans, how I did, and how we escaped. The whole time I was talking to her I watched her expressions. Her face would switch from being tariffed to extremely angry.

I end the conversation with. So, we need your help to lead the police to the Normans or else they will keep hurting us.

She nods and sighs. She pauses and rubs my hand with her thumb. I’m just glad you escaped.

Me too I smile.

I hear Masons voice in the other room. I look back at my mom. I hug her again, I’m going to go check on him. I tell her.

She nods again and sits back in the couch. She reaches for the phone, I assume to call my dad.

I walk in the room where Mason was. Mason is sitting on the bed with his head resting in his hands still talking into the phone. He quickly sits up straight when I walk in.

Ok thank you sir. Just come to the address I told you about and I will lead you there. Yes, perfect, ok bye.

What did he say? I ask when he hangs up, sitting down next to him.

They will be here in 10mins to follow us there. Hopefully Josh didn’t evacuate the slaughter house already.

To be continued.