Epidural wore off 😣


I was due June 22 but at my last doctors appointment on Thursday (37weeks) I was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced so my doctor wanted me to be monitored so on Monday June 3 I had an appointment at the hospital for a nst to check on baby girl. (because baby girl had been measuring two weeks ahead). After an hour or so they decided that I was contracting enough to be admitted so we got moved into the delivery room. They started pitocin around 10:30 am and I was handling the contractions pretty well at that point. I was told that the doctor would come around lunch to break my water but during a particularly big contraction I felt a big pop and when I tried to go pee my water had broken. So of course they made me get back in the hospital bed🙄. The contractions got sooo much worse after my water broke that I couldn’t stand it so I asked for the epidural ( even though I’m terrified of it 😣). The epidural didn’t take the first time and he had to reposition it which was terrible but it eventually worked and I was able to relax and let my body finish dilating. Baby girls heart rate got low a few times so my nurse had me roll onto different sides until it came back up. Once I was 9 1/2 cm dilated the nurse had me start “practice pushing” which was fine at first I just felt pressure. I ended up pushing for over an hour and a half all together because baby girls head was stuck at my pelvic bone, she also was coming out sideways and that was causing it to be harder to push. I kept telling the nurse that this hurt and that it’s not just pressure but she wasn’t fully listening to me I guess. (With my first I only ever felt pressure no pain) the doctor came in around 5:40 pm and had to help things along. I don’t know what exactly he was doing down there all I know is it hurt super bad. Once she crowned I absolutely lost it because I could feel everything. I stopped being able to control my breathing and I felt myself tearing and burning (ring of fire I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️) as they tried to get her out. After her head came out I couldn’t do it anymore I was screaming and hyperventilating. The nurse kept telling me to push but I couldn’t I was exhausted and it hurt so bad I just couldn’t. I screamed “I can’t” and the next thing I know they pulled her out. She was born at 6:12pm I immediately burst into tears and tried to get a look at her but she wasn’t crying and a group of nurses were giving her oxygen. I kept asking if she was okay and they kept telling me she was fine she just needed oxygen. I didn’t even get to hold my sweet girl until the next morning because she was hooked up to an iv in nicu. My husband did get to take her to the nursery and take pictures for me. She weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 20 1/2 inches long (much bigger than her sister was 😅) the next morning the pediatrician let us know that everything was okay and that we could go feed her but she had to be weaned off the IV so we still didn’t have her with us until that afternoon but I was able to hold her and breastfeed her. She’s such a good baby and I’ve had absolutely no problems breastfeeding her so far🤞. Miss Everley Rebecca my second little love💕 she already has my husband and I wrapped around those tiny fingers🥰