So frustrated... PLEASE HELP!

I’m not sure where else to put this so I’m choosing this group.

I went to the doctor today because my periods are irregular and they come every three months. This cycle it has been four. I am 23 years old and I told the woman doctor that I was trying to get pregnant and wanted to regulate my periods. She told me the only way this was possible was to get on birth control. I told her I did not want to get on birth control and wanted to know if there were any other options to regulate so I could get pregnant and she said no that’s it. Then my boyfriend (who was also in the room) told her that we don’t want birth control because we are trying to have a baby. I declined the birth control but at the end of my appointment she gave me an appointment card and told me my appointment for birth control has been scheduled for 6/24.

Has anyone suffered irregular periods and went through options other than birth control to regulate? I’m so frustrated that she just pushed birth control on me. Please help ladies.

***sorry ladies just wanted to add. I was on lo egestrin for a year and a half. Periods were perfect! When I got off, they went haywire again. So it’s not like I have not tried birth control, it just didn’t work. I explained this to the doctor as well.***