Would you ever, seriously, take a child's advice?

Anastasia • Livin’ 🌎 and Lovin’ ❤️

Some background: I'm 25, and my cousin is 10. She's a very nice girl who loves to help people. She's also pretty close to me.

Anyway, at a family gathering a few months ago, she was telling me about how she could look in someone's eyes and instantly know how they felt. I, being nice, told her that was cool, and then she looked in my eyes and told me that I was "really sad inside" and was "faking being happy." I asked her why she said that and she said that it was obvious. Then she started to give me advice about dealing with my "true feelings" and how "I didn't need to be happy all the time and that it was okay to feel bad."

Later on that night, she started telling me about how I shouldn't go out partying because it would distract me from my dreams, or take any "bad pictures" (like pictures of me drunk and stuff, I think that was what she was implying), or drink too much, after hearing me talk about partying with an older relative.

Anyway, some of my older relatives started to wonder why I, as an adult, was even listening to her. I said that I thought it was very good of her to be so caring and I didn't want to discourage her from wanting to help others in the future. They said that they understood.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I did thank her for all of her help (even if all I did at the moment was listen). Didn't want to be rude, you know?

Vote below to see results!