Should I take my ex back

I was with my ex for almost a full year . A week before our anniversary I spent 2,500$ cuz it would’ve been my first anniversary EVER .went all out and he enjoyed it. 2 days before our actual anniversary he broke up with me . Said he wanted to be in his hoe phase . I was confused . He told me he never planned for us to last this long and admit when we met he only wanted to have sex but he fell in love with me.i thought it was because he didn’t have much money to go all out for our anniversary so I’m like it’s ok if u don’t get me anything if that’s why you’re breaking up with me . But he was serious. I was crushed . Depressed for bout 2 months. Then 4 months after the breakup he called me and we talked a little and days later a lil more and so on n so on but just as friends. He later admit the wrong he did to me when we was together and told me the women he been with since the breakup and we were like friends. He’d tell me he was on the way to sum woman house to fuck turn he got in a relationship that lasted 2 months . So much for hoe phase right? We stopped talking when he got in the relationship . So now 9 months after the breakup he wants me back . But I don’t want him . He asked me to wait and I did at first even when I was over him it just didn’t feel right being with anybody. First he sent me a huge txt . Then He showed up at my house brought food and roses . And I let him but it just wasn’t the same . He didn’t try to have sex or anything either. And the other day he cash app me 250$ just because. I’m enjoying the treatment but I like where we are how he’s able to talk to me without hiding stuff . If I take him back he’s only going to go back to hiding stuff.

What should I do ?